2008 Yamaha Raider
Street Motorcycle for sale by IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
SLEEK DESIGN WITH LOTS OF CHROME!!!
2008 Yamaha Raider® SKey Features May Include
- S model gets even more chrome: chrome triple clamps, fork sliders, air box cover, headlight housing, handlebar risers, etc.
- The newest Star was inspired by the custom chopper movement, but since it’s a Star, it had to also handle, stop and go.
- With the addition of this machine, the Star line offers the most diverse line of custom V-twins on the planet.
- The Raider S achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 4.1 gallons of gas.
- Features & Benefits
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area behind the fuel tank for great performance and a custom, airy look.
- Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside boosts torque in the 2500-3500 rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- New design all-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
- Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style.
- A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle— makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as natural handling and straight-line cruisability: 34-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 40 degrees and 102mm of trail, while bringing the fork closer to the steering axis.
- Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
- 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- New seamless fuel tank carries a full 4.1 gallons of fuel.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
- Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider S.
- Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info