Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info ›
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now.Get a quote ›
2011 Yamaha FZ8 $5,463
· 779cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, inline 4-cylinder, 4-valve engine delivers smooth power delivery and gobs of torque in the low to mid rpm range. But this engine also lets loose with eye-opening horsepower when the revs climb toward redline.
· Fuel-injection with 35mm diameter throttle bodies has optimum intake efficiency and smooth throttle response. Provides precise fuel/air mixtures for awesome power delivery across the rpm range.
· Compact, pent-roof combustion chamber with a high 12.0:1 compression ratio with 26mm intake valves and 22mm exhaust valves contributes both to the superb torque and high-rpm power of this engine.
· Intake funnels for cylinders 2 and 3 are 25mm longer than the two outside cylinders. This tuning trick helps maximize the engine’s punchy torque delivery.
· The FZ8 inherits proven R1/FZ1 technologies, including forged aluminum pistons, fracture split carburized connecting rods, and ceramic-composite-plated cylinders.
· The 68.0mm bore and 53.6mm stroke specifications were carefully chosen to maximize the strong torque characteristics, as was the new crankshaft with optimized inertial mass.
· Close-ratio 6-speed transmission has ideal ratios for the engine’s performance character.
· 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system looks great and includes a catalytic converter and O2 sensor. Short muffler is mounted low for great looks and excellent mass centralization.
2011 Yamaha FZ8 Specifications
Trim Body Style
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Motorcycle Buyer and Seller Resources