2011 Yamaha V Star 950
Street Motorcycle for sale by IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
2011 Yamaha V Star® 950 TourerKey Features May Include
- The V Star 950 Tourer rolls out with a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest all standard, ready for the open road or the commute to school or work.
- V Star 950 is the benchmark in the middleweight cruiser touring class, appealing to seasoned riders as well as those looking for a friendly entry-level cruiser. The air-cooled V-twin delivers plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. Seat height is an extra-low 26.5 inches. The full-sized chassis has a long, low look and provides spacious comfort. Handling is sporty and responsive, great for curvy back roads and commuting around town as well as open-highway cruising. No wonder V-Twin® Magazine named V Star 950 the 2009 Metric of the Year!
- The 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Sure, theres no-fuss air cooling for traditional looks. But inside youll find the reason for the surprisingly spirited performance: four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection. The meticulously tuned 2-into-1 exhaust system has a throaty exhaust note, and also 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- The carefully designed chassis contributes to an exceptionally light feeling riders are sure to appreciate. The double-cradle steel main frame offers an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions, using the engine as a stressed member. With the engine mounting position slightly forward for optimum front-rear weight distribution and its large, 18-inch front wheel, V Star 950 has outstanding handling performance.
- The V Star 950 Tourer achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 4.4 gallons of gas.
- Fenders are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
- Features & Benefits
- The 57.5-cubic inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC60° V twin. With four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio, this enginehas been carefully designed to produce excellent power characteristics and best-in-class acceleration.
- To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special compactroller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass centralization.
- The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered todirect the fuel air charge into the center of the piston for faster combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite-plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reducedoil consumption.
- High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high- strength compact design that contributes to reduce vibration.
- The designers realized that the engines V twin character was so pleasing on its own that a counter balancer was unnecessary.This also contributes to simplicity and less operating noise.
- Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the V Star 950 Tourer. The injectors are four-hole, two-directional types with sprayaimed at the valve surfaces. That produces good fuel atomizationfor faster and more complete combustion which contributes to excellent drivability. The fuel injection system also adopts an ISC (Idling Speed Control) valve for outstanding idling stability.
- Lubrication is provided by a simple, reliable wet sump system.
- The 5-speed transmission is all new, with a smooth shifting feeling, and gear ratios spaced to let the rider take full advantage of the engines torque characteristics and enjoy comfortable cruising at highway speeds. Naturally, poweris efficiently transferred to the rear wheel using simple, quiet belt drive.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info