2011 Yamaha YZF-R1
Street Motorcycle for sale by IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
2011 Yamaha YZF-R1Key Features May Include
- The YZF-R1 garnered the prestigious award as the 2009 Motorcycle of the Year from Motorcyclist Magazine. The YZF-R1 was chosen for its MotoGP®- inspired engine and chassis technology, and for its luxurious fit and finish.
- Back for 2011, the YZF-R1 is the only production motorcycle with a crossplane crankshaft. Crossplane technology, first pioneered in MotoGP® racing with the M1, puts each piston 90° from the next, with an uneven firing interval of 270°- 180°- 90°- 180°. This uneven order does an amazing thing… it actually lets power build more smoothly. That means smooth roll-on delivery out of the corners, with outstanding tractability, followed by very strong high rpm power. Its a feeling thats simply unmatched, like having two engines in one: the low-rpm torquey feel of a twin with the raw, high-rpm power of an inline four. This breakthrough technology on the YZF-R1 represents a paradigm shift in both technology and performance.
- This R1 keeps all the technological superiorities developed for its predecessor: YCC-TTM (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) is MotoGP® inspired fly-by-wire technology used to deliver instant throttle response. YCC-I® is Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake which is a variable intake system that broadens the spread of power. The fuel injection system provides optimum air/fuel mixtures for maximum power and smooth throttle response.
- The R1 features Yamaha D-MODE (or drive mode) with rider- selectable throttle control maps to program YCC-T performance characteristics for riding conditions. The standard map is designed for optimum overall performance. The A mode lets the rider enjoy sportier engine response in the low- to mid-speed range, and the B mode offers response that is somewhat less sharp for riding situations that require especially sensitive throttle operation. Switching maps is as easy as pushing a button on the handlebar switch.
- In keeping with this machines exceptional cornering ability and crisp handling, the aluminum frame has been designed to offer exceptional rigidity balance. The rear frame is lightweight Controlled- Fill die-cast magnesium, contributing the optimum mass centralization. Suspension includes SOQI front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP® bikes: independent damping. The left fork handles compression damping and the right side handles the rebound damping. And the rear shock adopts bottom linkage for optimum suspension characteristics.
- The bodywork does more than add break-away-from-the-crowd styling with its more serious, less busy look. The side fairing is smooth for a sleek appearance. And, instead of the usual four-bulb headlight design, the R1 has only two projector-type bulbs mounted closer to the nose of the bike. This positions ram air ducts closer in for a more compact, smooth look. In addition, the rounded lenses are unique to the supersport industry.
- Features & Benefits
- Crossplane crankshaft technology proven in victory after victoryon MotoGP® machines provides a high-tech uneven firing interval. Unlike typical inline-four engine design, where the two outerand two inner pistons move together in pairs with 180° intervals,the crossplane crankshaft has each connecting rod 90° with aunique firing order of 270° 180° 90° 180°. This overcomesthe inherent fluctuations in inertial torque during each enginerevolution, and the accompanying peaky torque characteristics.Instead, combustion torque continues to build, giving the ridermore linear throttle response with awesome power and tractionout of the corners.
- To maximize rider comfort as well as power output, the engineadopts a coupling-type balancer that rotates in the oppositedirection as the crankshaft.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info