2015 Yamaha YZF-R1
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
The new YZF-R1 blurs the line between MotoGP and production superbike like never before.Features May Include
- The 2015 YZF-R1 features a completely new, lightweight and compact, crossplane-concept, inline-four-cylinder, 998cc high-output engine. Featuring a first ever for a production motorcycle, titanium fracture split connecting rods delivering extremely high horsepower and a strong pulse of linear torque for outstanding performance.
- The YZF-R1 features the most advanced MotoGP®-inspired electronics package ever offered on a supersport machine: a full suite of inter-related technologies, enabling the rider to enjoy the fullest range of performance with great comfort, control, and ease of operation.
- Featuring the first six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) ever offered on a street-going motorcycle, the 2015 R1 represents the dawn of a new digital era where all riders can experience total 3D controllability.
- IMU consists of a gyro sensor that measures pitch, roll, and yaw, as well as an accelerometer, or G-sensor, that measures acceleration in the fore-aft, up-down, and right-left directions…all at a rate of 125 calculations per second. By calculating each signal, the IMU finds the precise vehicle position and movement, and communicates it to the ECU, enabling it to control the bike’s systems.
- The 2015 R1 is fully equipped with banking-sensitive Traction Control, as well as Slide Control, Anti-Wheelie Control, Quickshifter, Launch Control, ABS, a Unified Braking System, and much more. The all-new R1 gives street riders, track day participants, and full-on racers an unmatched and unprecedented level of rider-adaptive performance.
- All-new aluminum Deltabox® frame is designed to provide optimum longitudinal, lateral and torsional rigidity balance. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis.
- An all-new titanium exhaust system with titanium headers and muffler canister with mid-ship layout is positioned low and in the middle of the chassis for centralized mass.
- The styling on the new R1 is inspired by the YZR-M1, purposely sculpted for maximum aerodynamic efficiency.
Vehicle History Report
- Motorcycle ID201370779
- Stock Number01451
- TypeSport Bike
- Mileage13,978 miles
- Exterior ColorBlue
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.