2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 ABS
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Born on the racetrack and raised on the street, the 2016 GSX-S1000 ABS is derived from the legendary, championship-winning 2005-2008 gen GSX-R1000. The new GSX-S lineup carries the spirit of the Suzuki GSX-R to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for street riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage. This is about shared technology and components; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000 is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine also uses cams optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System, Brembo brakes, and a chassis designed for street riding comfort, the 2016 GSX-S1000 is a street bike packed with some serious performance.
The naked-style single headlight GSX-S1000 is equipped with angular radiator shrouds that enhance the aggressive image and aid cooling performance.
With the GSX-S1000, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.Features May Include
- 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000 (K7) with a finely tuned fuel injection system that employs Suzuki’s original SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle body.
- Iridium spark plugs heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type.
- New cam profiles designed to optimize the valve timing suitable for the streets, but with the racetrack in mind.
- Radiator shrouds efficiently guide air to the newly designed and highly efficient round shaped radiator. Lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- New pistons were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Fuel injectors are 10-hole, long-nosed injectors on each throttle body for better combustion and reducing fuel consumption.
- 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke design makes it possible for a broad spread of power throughout the rev range.
- A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Fully adjustable damping, rebound and spring pre-load 43mm KYB Inverted front fork with 120mm stroke and link-type rear shock unit with 63mm stroke.
- Lightweight and compact chassis engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders.
- Lightweight and rigid main frame and aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- 310mm floating-mount dual discs mated to Brembo mono-block front brake calipers with 4 opposite 32mm pistons.
- ENKEI 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels mounted to Dunlop radial tires.
- Low seat height of 815mm (32in) with a sporty, yet upright riding position.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info