2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now, the 2017 GSX-R1000 is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes.
All-new from its sticky tires up, the GSX-R1000 exudes MotoGP influence. From the class exclusive Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system that helps deliver a broad and strong powerband, to the compact cassette transmission, a 32-bit dual-processor ECM, 10-level traction control system, and wind tunnel tested aerodynamics, the GSX-R1000 was designed with one idea in mind, to regain the “King of the Sportbikes” crown. Suzuki’s Motion Track Anti-Lock Brake System is added to the GSX-R1000 ABS.
The new lighter and stronger aluminum, twin-spar frame features quality components like the Showa BPF fork and rear shock, Brembo monobloc calipers and T-drive rotors, and a large full LCD display help the new GSX-R1000 lay claim to the title.
The King of Sportbikes is back, bow to the King.
Features may include:KEY
- All new 999.8cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, and Suzuki traction control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- New 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000 riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- 5 The new and exclusive ten-mode, Motion Track Traction Control System (MT-TCS), with IMU influence, increases rider confidence by allowing adjustments to amount of intervention to match riding ability and surface conditions.
- The all-new, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top end performance plus strong low to mid-range power.
- The new design Suzuki Racing Finger Follower valve train weighs less than a tappet-style valve train for reduced friction and increased valve response at higher engine speeds.
- The GSX-R1000’s new cassette-style, six-speed transmission uses ratios carefully selected for optimal acceleration and top speed. Like the Suzuki GSX-RR MotoGP bike, this transmission can be removed as a complete assembly from the side of the engine and features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length
- The primary gear ratio is lower compared to the prior GSX-R1000 for stronger acceleration.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info