2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by Kevin Powell Motorsports - Greensboro in Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now, the 2017 GSX-R1000 is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes. This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in the new aluminum frame is an all-new engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Train and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response. Using an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) the GSX-R1000’s advanced electronics package includes selectable performance modes so the motorcycle enhances and fine tunes rider inputs. The six-axis IMU lets the GSX-R1000 recognize its position on the street or race track to help the rider achieve an extraordinary level of riding performance.
Up front, new style BREMBO T-drive brake rotors grasped by Monobloc calipers provide strong, controlled braking, while the precise and smooth SHOWA suspension keeps the sticky Bridgestone RS10 tires in touch with the road. All of this forward-looking motorcycle technology is covered in all-new, wind tunnel-developed bodywork that’s uniquely GSX-R. The King of Sportbikes is back, bow to the King. Available with optional ABS. Colors TBA. Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
Features may include:KEY
- All new 999.8cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Train (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, and Suzuki traction control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- New 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000 riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- The new and exclusive ten-mode, Motion Track Traction Control System (MT-TCS), with IMU influence, increases rider confidence by allowing adjustments to amount of intervention to match riding ability and surface conditions.
- The all-new, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top end performance plus strong low to mid-range power.
- The new design Suzuki Racing Finger Follower valve train weights less than a tappet-style valve train for reduced friction and increased valve response at higher engine speeds.
- Based on Suzuki’s race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmissions, the new GSX-R1000 features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- The primary gear ratio is lower compared to the prior GSX-R1000 for stronger acceleration.
- The new LCD Multi-function Instrument Panel has an adjustable intensity, white-color backlight for great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators that include the turn signals, high beam, traction control, shift light, plus coolant temperature and oil pressure alerts.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info