2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Street Motorcycle for sale by Freedom Powersports of Canton in Canton, Georgia 30114
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now, the 2017 GSX-R1000R is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes.
This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in the new aluminum frame is an all-new engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Train and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response.
Using an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) the GSX-R1000R’s advanced electronics package includes selectable performance modes so the motorcycle enhances and fine tunes rider inputs. The six-axis IMU lets the GSX-R1000R recognize its position on the street or race track to help the rider achieve an extraordinary level of riding performance.
Up front, new style BREMO T-drive brake rotors grasped by Monobloc calipers connected to the exclusive Suzuki Motion Track Anti-lock Brake system provides strong, controlled braking. The precise and smooth SHOWA Balance Free suspension keeps the sticky Bridgestone RS10 tires in touch with the road. All of this forward-looking motorcycle technology is covered in all-new, wind tunnel-developed bodywork that’s uniquely GSX-R.
The King of Sportbikes is back, bow to the King.
Features may include:KEY
- All new 999.8cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Train (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, and Suzuki traction control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- New design, twin-spar type aluminum frame is 10% lighter and more compact, with optimized rigidity for nimble handling and a high level of grip when cornering.
- Advanced suspension uses a SHOWA Balance Free Fork and Balance Free Rear Cushion to combine with new Motion Track ABS-equipped BREMBO T-drive 320mm dual front brake rotors and Monobloc 4-piston calipers for extraordinary handling and stopping performance.
- Aerodynamic bodywork is sleek and stylish while housing a new, bright LED headlight and Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) ducts that feed a high volume of intake air for astonishing top speed muscle. Blacked out instrument panel and GSX-R1000R logo warns others that your bike is something extraordinary.
- New 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000R riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- Using MotoGP knowledge, Suzuki has fitted an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) on the new GSX-R1000R. The IMU provides six direction, three axis motion and position information to the ECM so instantaneous adjustments can be made electronically to the engine and chassis components that influence performance.
- New Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies are precisely opened by the ECM to match the throttle grip rotation of the rider’s hand and the refinement from the IMU-influenced electronics. The result is a strong, seamless engine power delivery from idle to redline.
- The new and exclusive ten-mode, Motion Track Traction Control System (MT-TCS), with IMU influence, increases rider confidence by allowing adjustments to amount of intervention to match riding ability and surface conditions.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info