2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by Honda East in Maumee, Ohio 43537
$9,999Check value with KBB ›
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info ›
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now.Get a quote ›
New 2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000 $9,999
As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the GSX-S1000 owns the street. Developed using the attributes of the championship winning 2005 2008 generation GSX-R1000, this sportbike carries the spirit of the Suzuki performance to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000 is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses a valve-train that’s optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System, a balanced KYB suspension, and Brembo brakes, the GSX-S1000 is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, and you have a naked roadster ready to attack and turn heads on the street.
With the GSX-S1000, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
Features may include:ENGINE
- 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8 powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’s innovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
- The 10-hole, long-nosed fuel injectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- The 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke engine design helps create a broad spread of power throughout the entire rpm range.
- New camshaft profiles were designed to optimize street performance while maintaining peak, racetrack level performance.
- New pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight. Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- The GSX-S1000 features Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System to let the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are four traction control modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level that is suitable for most riders or in conditions that have varied road surface grip (city riding, regular road conditions). Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- Traction control is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions, and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Specifications
Trim Body Style
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.