2017 Suzuki RM-Z250
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
The championship-caliber 2017 Suzuki RM-Z250 has been carefully developed to deliver a high level of performance by incorporating a variety of features originally created for Suzuki’s factory race bikes. The competition-proven Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) gives riders the best shot at grabbing the holeshot on a wide variety of track conditions, and the specialized KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring fork provides both easy adjustability and outstanding action to give the RM-Z250 more precise handling than ever. The remarkable KYB rear shock and the well-sorted aluminum twin-spar frame ensure the razor-sharp handling Suzuki’s are famous for.Champions choose Suzuki and Suzuki supports future champions!
Suzuki’s Amateur Racing Support is top notch, offering over $3.8 million in contingency, trackside support, and the opportunity to train with Ricky Carmichael at Suzuki’s exclusive Camp Carmichael. Want to see why champions choose Suzuki? Visit racesuzuki.com for more information on Suzuki’s Amateur Support Program and join Team Suzuki!
Features may include:KEY
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from factory race bike. S-HAC helps the rider’s takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions
- A-Mode: For hard surfaces or slippery conditions at the starting gate. In this mode, S-HAC alters ignition timing at the moment of launch and the ride over the gate to reduce wheel slip to deliver a smooth take off. It also advances ignition timing during this sequence for stronger acceleration. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first)
- B-Mode: When conditions at the starting gate have better traction, and a more aggressive launch is desired. S-HAC will advance the ignition timing to allow increased throttle response and stronger acceleration off the line. The ignition timing alternation is in a similar sequence as Mode A, but with increased overall timing. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first)
- Base Mode: Standard power launch, no action required on the S-HAC switch.
- There are three stages to A-Mode and B-Mode of the S-HAC system. This helps riders at the moment of launch, when crossing the gate, and through acceleration to the full-speed.
- Advanced design KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring front fork uses air chambers in place of steel springs for light weight, easy adjustability, improved damper performance and smooth action from low friction. Riders can adjust both air forks with one balanced air pressure setting from a hand-pump. Compression damping is adjustable while rebound damping force is both high- and low-speed adjustable
- Innovative KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body
- The RM-Z250’s engine has heightened mid-range power and torque while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control.
- Specially designed piston, piston pin & rings improve durability and ring-sealing
- Crankshaft and magneto mass are balanced to reduce engine braking losses
Vehicle History Report
- Motorcycle ID201500513
- Stock Number100783
- SubcategoryOff Road / Dirt Bike
- Exterior ColorYELLOW
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.