2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Renowned for its versatility, reliability and value, the V-Strom 650 has attracted many riders who use it for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. It is a touchstone motorcycle balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure. The new 2017 V-Strom 650 now mimics the looks of the V-Strom 1000, unifying the V-Strom family. This new V-Strom has increased engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. A number of other updates, including weight savings and a thinner chassis, has resulted in a V-Strom that is more versatile, more controllable, and more accessible to elevate its total performance so it’s simply “More V-Strom”. And that’s what a rider wants; more of a good ride.
Where the horizon ends, the adventure begins. Whether it’s a long-distance quest or a short-distance journey, the V-Strom is the versatile machine designed for the spirit of discovery.
Features may include:ENGINE
- Using 2017 SV650 engineering, the V-Strom’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has new camshafts to deliver clean, strong power at any RPM.
- New, low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help delivers high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- A new, sleek two-into-one exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on new 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- New, ten-hole; long-nose type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650 ABS has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two, high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- New to the V-Strom 650 is Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
Vehicle History Report
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info