2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by Freedom Powersports of McDonough in McDonough, Georgia 30523
$14,699Check value with KBB ›
Freedom Powersports of McDonough
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now.Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info
New 2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000 $14,699
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Built to Own the Racetrack, the GSX-R1000 captured the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship in its debut year asserting its claim as The King of Sportbikes.
This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in this aluminum frame is an advanced engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Timing system and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response
Using an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) the GSX-R1000’s advanced electronics package includes selectable performance modes so the motorcycle enhances and fine tunes rider inputs. The six-axis IMU lets the GSX-R1000 recognize its position on the street or race track to help the rider achieve an extraordinary level of riding performance.
Up front, the unique BREMBO T-drive brake rotors are grasped by Monobloc calipers to deliver strong, controlled braking, while the precise and smooth SHOWA suspension keeps the sticky Bridgestone RS10 tires in touch with the road. All of this forward-looking motorcycle technology is covered in sleek, wind tunnel-developed bodywork that’s uniquely GSX-R.Features may include:
Built to own the racetrack and let loose on the streets. Since 1985, the GSX-R has been continuously refined to deliver new levels of performance and agility. This legacy of innovation continues with over 1 million legends made.KEY
- Liquid-cooled, 999.8cc DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, and Suzuki traction control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- The twin-spar type aluminum frame is 10% lighter and more compact that the prior generation GSX-R1000, with optimized rigidity for nimble handling and a high level of grip when cornering.
- The compact, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top end performance plus strong low to mid-range power.
- The crankshaft retains Suzuki’s Even Firing Order Engine legacy. Un-even firing order engines used in other motorcycles vibrate more while the GSX-R1000 makes good power at all engine speeds, runs smoother and reliably while emitting a screamer exhaust note.
- The short stroke engine has a 76.0 mm bore versus a 55.1mm stroke, yet is narrower than the prior generation GSX-R1000 thanks to effective design.
- The cassette-style, 6-speed transmission lets riders precisely match the gear ratio to the riding condition. A cassette-style transmission can be easily removed from crankcase as an assembly with the engine still in the frame, facilitating race track gear changes and simplified service.
- Based on Suzuki’s race-proven close-ratio transmissions, the GSX-R1000 employs vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- The primary gear ratio is lower compared to the prior generation GSX-R1000 for stronger acceleration.
2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Specifications
Trim Body Style
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Motorcycle Buyer and Seller Resources