2018 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Street Motorcycle for sale by Ridenow Powersports Chandler in Chandler, Arizona 85286
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Built to Own the Racetrack, the GSX-R1000 captured the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship in its debut year asserting its claim as The King of Sportbikes.
This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in this aluminum frame is an advanced engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Timing system and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response
Using an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) the GSX-R1000R’s advanced electronics package includes selectable performance modes so the motorcycle enhances and fine tunes rider inputs. The six-axis IMU lets the GSX-R1000R recognize its position on the street or race track to help the rider achieve an extraordinary level of riding performance.
Up front, the unique BREMBO T-drive brake rotors grasped by Monobloc calipers connected to the exclusive Suzuki Motion Track Anti-lock Brake system provides strong, controlled braking. The precise and smooth SHOWA Balance Free suspension keeps the sticky Bridgestone RS10 tires in touch with the road. All of this forward-looking motorcycle technology is covered in all-new, wind tunnel-developed bodywork that’s uniquely GSX-R.
Features may include:
- Liquid-cooled, 999.8cc DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, Suzuki traction control, bi-directional quick-shifter, launch control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- The compact, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top end performance plus strong low to mid-range power.
- The crankshaft retains Suzuki’s Even Firing Order Engine legacy. Un-even firing order engines used in other motorcycles vibrate more while the GSX-R1000R ABS makes good power at all engine speeds, runs smoother and reliably while emitting a screamer exhaust note.
- The cassette-style, 6-speed transmission lets riders precisely match the gear ratio to the riding condition. A cassette-style transmission can be easily removed from crankcase as an assembly with the engine still in the frame, facilitating race track gear changes and simplified service.
- Based on Suzuki’s race-proven close-ratio transmissions, the GSX-R1000R gear box features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Using lessons learning from Suzuki MotoGP chassis development, the engine angle of the GSX-R1000R was rotated backwards 6-degrees as compared to the prior generation GSX-R1000. This had the joint effect of reducing the distance of the fork to the center of the chassis by 20mm and increase the swingarm length by 40mm. This increased chassis stability and improves aerodynamics.
- The aluminum twin-spar style frame was designed using FEM analysis technology to place strength is the proper places, the new frame is also 10% lighter than the prior generation GSX-R1000. The spars of the frame are set 20mm closer to help improve aerodynamics, looks and to bring more comfort to the rider.
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info