2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by Del Amo Motorsports- South Bay in Chula Vista, California 91911
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the 2018 GSX-S1000 ABS owns the street. Developed using the attributes of the championship winning 2005 2008 generation GSX-R1000, this sportbike carries the spirit of the Suzuki performance to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000 ABS is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses a valve-train that’s optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a more powerful engine for 2018, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000 ABS is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, and you have a naked roadster ready to attack and turn heads on the street.
With the GSX-S1000 ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.Features may include:
Get a grip on a whole new standard. Striking looks. Comfort. Power. Versatility. Our standards deliver easy ergonomics, modern style, and metro muscle in dynamite packages. Whatever type of riding you prefer, our standards can handle it.
- Fuel-injected, GSX-R based engine has increased horsepower and torque
- New Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) drive line smooths shifting and engine braking
- Suzuki Advanced Traction Control lets the rider select sensitivity to match road conditions
- The strong, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine is designed to provide smooth throttle response and controlled acceleration
- New ventilation holes between the cylinders reduces pumping loss within the crankcase so the engine can deliver more power and torque
- Long-stroke GSX-R engine design has broad low-to-mid range power and torque that is ideal for street riding
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length
- The new SCAS clutch increases plate pressure under acceleration yet acts as a slipper clutch to smooth the engine response during engine braking and corner entry
- This large diameter, wet multi-plate clutch uses a precise cable activated release providing the rider with superb friction-point feel
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm
- The 43 mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring preload with a generous 120 mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel
Vehicle History Report
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info