2018 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Off-Road / Dirt Bike Motorcycle for sale by Ridenow Powersports Chandler in Chandler, Arizona 85286
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Introduced in 2002, the V-Strom 1000 expanded the popularity of motorcycles in the adventure-category. When a more proficient V-Strom 1000 ABS debuted in 2014, it was also embraced by riders around the world. To reemphasize the V-Strom’s leadership in this category, Suzuki applies new technology and practical experience to the new 2018 V-Strom 1000XT.
Always a good citizen, this new V-Strom has refined systems to maintain engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. To emphasize Suzuki’s adventure heritage the V-Strom’s exterior has undergone a transformation giving the motorcycle a hint of its lineage and a renewed call for adventure. That fresh styling also contributes to functionality and joins the new Motion Track Anti-lock & Combined Brake System and other features to bring rider assist technology to a new group of adventure riders.
Like every V-Strom before it, the equipment, the appeal and value of the 2018 V-Strom 1000XT will be recognized by experienced and enthusiastic riders. If you want to enjoy a trouble-free adventure as well, join them on a V-Strom.Features may include:
Where the horizon ends, the adventure begins. Whether it’s a long-distance quest or a short-distance journey, the V-Strom is the versatile machine designed for the spirit of discovery.
- Liquid-cooled, 1037cc, 90O V-Twin engine delivers strong engine performance while achieving world-wide emissions requirements without any reduction in horsepower.
- A new, five-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) provides vehicle spacial information to the innovative Motion Track Anti-lock & Combined Brake System.
- New fairing styling retains the vertically stacked headlights, new adjustable windshield, and iconic Suzuki DR-Big styling that brings true adventure style and real-world function.
- New spoke-style wheels with tubeless radial dual-purpose tires plus the new, tapered, large diameter handlebars deliver the function that validates their exploration style.
- Refined multi-function, illumination-adjustable instrument panel delivers a wide range of vehicle information and aids in selecting the Suzuki Traction Control system modes.
- The four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to deliver outstanding performance across the entire powerband.
- The perfect primary balance provided by the 90-degree L-twin design negates the need for any balancer shafts or rubber mounting as the engine has smooth power pulses.
- Pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve ideal rigidity and weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinder bores are integrated into the upper crankcase for low weight, increased durability, reduced friction and excellent heat dissipation.
- A bold new fairing design is achieved by a straight styling line from the tip of its beak back to the fuel tank. This is a sharp and aggressive refinement of the Suzuki DR-Big inspired appearance.
- The height- and angle-adjustable windscreen has a new shape and is 49mm taller. The windscreen was developed through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and rider fatigue. Suzuki’s patented mechanism allows the windscreen angle to be easily adjusted by hand.
- New spoke-style wheels feature tough, anodized aluminum rims and stainless steel spokes. Fitted with tubeless dual-purpose radial tires, these strong wheels are compliant enough for real adventure riding.
- The advanced chassis is the foundation of a compact, lightweight adventure-ready package that provides comfort and enjoyment to a variety of riders.
Vehicle History Report
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info