2018 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Off-Road / Dirt Bike Motorcycle for sale by Ridenow Powersports Goodyear in Goodyear, Arizona 85338
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Introduced in 2002, the V-Strom 1000 expanded the popularity of motorcycles in the adventure-category. When a more proficient V-Strom 1000 debuted in 2014, it was also embraced by riders around the world. To reemphasize the V-Strom’s leadership in this category, Suzuki applies new technology and practical experience to the new 2018 V-Strom 1000.
Always a good citizen, this new V-Strom has refined systems to maintain engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. To emphasize Suzuki’s adventure heritage the V-Strom’s exterior has undergone a transformation giving the motorcycle a hint of its lineage and a renewed call for adventure. That fresh styling also contributes to functionality and joins the new Motion Track Anti-lock & Combined Brake System and other features to bring rider assist technology to a new group of adventure riders.
Like every V-Strom before it, the appeal and value of the 2018 V-Strom 1000 will be recognized by experienced and enthusiastic riders. If you want to enjoy a trouble-free adventure as well, join them on a V-Strom.
Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.Features may include:
Where the horizon ends, the adventure begins. Whether it’s a long-distance quest or a short-distance journey, the V-Strom is the versatile machine designed for the spirit of discovery.
- Liquid-cooled, 1037cc, 90-degree V-Twin engine delivers strong engine performance while achieving world-wide emissions requirements without any reduction in horsepower.
- A new, five-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) provides vehicle spacial information to the innovative Motion Track Anti-lock & Combined Brake System.
- Refined multi-function, illumination-adjustable instrument panel delivers a wide range of vehicle information and aids in selecting the Suzuki Traction Control system modes.
- The four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to deliver outstanding performance across the entire powerband.
- The perfect primary balance provided by the 90-degree L-twin design negates the need for any balancer shafts or rubber mounting as the engine has smooth power pulses.
- Pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve ideal rigidity and weight.
- A bold new fairing design is achieved by a straight styling line from the tip of its beak back to the fuel tank. This is a sharp and aggressive refinement of the Suzuki DR-Big inspired appearance.
- The height- and angle-adjustable windscreen has a new shape and is 49mm taller. The windscreen was developed through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and rider fatigue. Suzuki’s patented mechanism allows the windscreen angle to be easily adjusted by hand.
- The advanced chassis is the foundation of a compact, lightweight adventure-ready package that provides comfort and enjoyment to a variety of riders.
Vehicle History Report
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.