2019 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Suzukis SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S. So it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It’s not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road, around tight canyon corners, or through commuter traffic.
Its 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key differences between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork, wide, spoke-style wheels, and 300mm diameter floating front brake rotor. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling, while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.Features may include:
Live in a concrete jungle? Here’s your vine. Grab hold of our supermoto, the street hybrid that’s 80% dirtbike and 100% fun. Ride nice and tall in traffic, then dominate in rough road conditions where most other bikes have to back off.Engine
- Lightweight, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable power.
- Compact, four-valve cylinder head has 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle, and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system.
- Simple electric starting is powered via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- Compact, five-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with a separate magnesium outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life, sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
- Wide, blue or gold anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with sporty radial tires: 120/70-R17 front and 140/70-R17 rear.
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Long travel, Showa inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action.
Vehicle History Report
- Motorcycle ID201301951
- Stock Number100534
- SubcategoryOff Road / Dirt Bike
- TypeDual Sport
- Mileage9,823 miles
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.