2019 Suzuki DR-Z50
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
The 2019 Suzuki DR-Z50 is the ideal way to introduce young beginning riders to the sport of motorcycling. This compact, Suzuki-built mini-bike brings ease and convenience to riders just getting started on two wheels. With an automatic clutch, three-speed transmission, electric starting, and a low 22-inch seat height, this race-styled bike will help build confidence and riding ability for young supervised riders. The 49cc engine delivers a smooth, controllable power band, and adult supervisors can adjust its power level so young riders can learn at a proper pace.
This motorcycle can be in the family for years, thanks to its rugged construction and sturdy 10-inch wheels; the Suzuki DR-Z50 combines a reliable engine with quality running gear that’s built to last. The 2019 DR-Z50 is the ideal way to get your whole family involved in motorcycling!
Features may include:
Rev up. When you’ve got a Suzuki off-road motorcycle, the whole world looks a little different. You start seeing trails, desert, and single-track everywhere you look. Even a rainy day just means more mud to play in. Expect loads of torque across a wide powerband with high-rpm muscle to spare.
- Powered by a reliable, 49cc, four-stroke engine, the DR-Z50 has plenty of torque to deliver the right level of controllable performance for a younger rider.
- The DR-Z50’s engine has a smooth power band with peak power that can be controlled via the adjustable throttle limiter that allows supervising adults to control engine output to suit the rider’s ability.
- Starting the DR-Z50 requires a simple push of the electric start button. Riders can also kick-start the bike, so a fun day of riding is always available.
- The easy-to-use automatic clutch smoothly transmits power through the three-speed transmission, so beginning riders learn key-shifting techniques, while discovering the joy of riding.
- Inverted front forks have a RM-Z-inspired design to produce enjoyable riding on a variety of terrain surfaces, with 3.8 inches of front wheel travel to absorb bumps.
- Aggressive RM-Z-inspired styling with bright yellow bodywork and matching graphics let the rider enjoy a big bike look and appeal.
- The DR-Z50 is designed for use by children and off-road use only—do not use on public roads. Single rider only—weight limit 40 kg (88 pounds).
- The DR-Z50 is not recommended for children under age seven. Parental supervision is required during operation. Rider must always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Ride safely and be thoughtful of others.
- Six-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR-Z50 families are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike