2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by Ridenow Powersports Goodyear in Goodyear, Arizona 85338
Call for PriceCheck Value with Kelley Blue Book
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
From there, the fundamental capabilities that make a great sportbike were distilled down to three words: run, stop, and turn making the new GSX-R1000 run better, turn better, and stop better than any other sportbike.
Its all-new, more compact, and lighter engine with class-leading power is delivered smoothly and controllably across a broad rpm range, equally suited for driving hard out of a racetrack corner or accelerating effortlessly onto a public highway.
In addition, its all-new design consists of a more compact chassis that delivers nimble handling with excellent front-end feel and braking, as useful for trail-braking on the racetrack as for rolling into tight corners on a country road. Added advanced electronics that aren’t too complicated to use and bodywork with refined aerodynamics help reduce drag at top speed on the racetrack and improve rider comfort on brisk street rides.
In short, Suzuki developed a new, unmatched combination of reliability, durability, usability, and overall performance with excellent racing potential in a package that works as well for street riders as it does for track-day riders and amateur or professional racers.
The Suzuki Integrated Design approach, with a dedicated team of talented engine, chassis, electronic, and aerodynamic engineers working together, produced an outstanding sportbike. The new GSX-R1000 proves it was built to Own the Racetrack, as it captured the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship in its debut year, once again asserting its claim as The King of Sportbikes.Features may include:
Built to own the racetrack and let loose on the streets. Since 1985, the GSX-R has been continuously refined to deliver new levels of performance and agility. This legacy of innovation continues with over 1 million legends made.ENGINE
- The compact, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc, inline-four cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top-end performance plus strong low- to mid-range power.
- The crankshaft retains Suzuki’s Even Firing Order Engine legacy. Uneven firing order engines used in other motorcycles vibrate more, while the GSX-R1000 makes good, smooth, and reliable power at all engine speeds while emitting a screamer exhaust note.
- New to the GSX-R1000 is the standard fitment of the Suzuki Bi-Directional Quick Shift System previously only available on the GSX-R1000R model. This system allows for clutch-less upshifts and downshifts when the motorcycle is used in competition.
- The cassette-style, six-speed transmission lets riders precisely match the gear ratio to the riding condition. A cassette-style transmission can be easily removed from crankcase as an assembly with the engine still in the frame, facilitating race track gear changes and simplified service.
- Based on Suzuki’s race-proven close-ratio transmissions, the GSX-R1000 employs vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- A powerful 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000 riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- Using MotoGP knowledge, Suzuki has fitted an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) to the GSX-R1000. The IMU provides six-direction, three-axis, motion and position information to the ECM so instantaneous adjustments can be made electronically to the engine and chassis components that influence performance.
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info