2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
As much as the GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ owns the road. This tour-ready sportbike carries Suzuki engine performance to the street, with technology and components packaged into a chassis designed for all-day riding comfort.
The 2019 GSX-S1000FZ is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant with a new throttle control mechanism that helps control torque-rich power that’s ideal for street riding. It’s no surprise that this powerhouse is based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which is known for making big power through the low- and mid-range to deliver street-dominating performance.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped Brembo and Nissin brakes, the GSX-S1000FZ is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with a new, blacked out body treatment on a wind-cheating full fairing and you have a touring-ready sportbike ready for the open road or corner carving.Features may include:
Built to own the racetrack and let loose on the streets. Since 1985, the GSX-R has been continuously refined to deliver new levels of performance and agility. This legacy of innovation continues with over 1 million legends made.ENGINE
- The strong, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc, inline-four engine is designed to provide smooth throttle response and controlled acceleration.
- Ventilation holes between the cylinders reduces pumping loss within the crankcase so the engine can deliver more power and torque.
- Long-stroke GSX-R engine design has broad low- to mid-range power and torque that is ideal for street riding.
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- The new SCAS-style clutch increases plate pressure under acceleration yet acts as a slipper clutch to smooth the engine response during engine braking and corner entry.
- This large diameter, wet multi-plate clutch uses a precise cable-activated release providing the rider with superb friction-point feel.
- Styled to complement the rest of the chassis and to house a bright dual headlight, the GSX-S1000FZs full fairing slices through the wind so the rider benefits from the upright, sporty ergonomics.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun to ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 inches) of front wheel travel.
- Link-type rear suspension, with arched aluminum swingarm and a single shock absorber featuring spring preload that is seven-way adjustable with rebound damping force adjustment.
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info