2019 Suzuki RM-Z250
Call for PriceCheck Value with Kelley Blue Book
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Redesigned for 2019 and ready for battle, the RM-Z250 marries the sleek, race-ready appearance of the RM-Z450 with an upgraded engine and a list of chassis changes to achieve superior performance. Using Suzuki’s “RUN, TURN and STOP” philosophy, factory engineers have made the 2019 RM-Z250 an even more formidable competitor.
The RM-Z250 has always set the standard as the best-handling 250 on the track. Now, the 2019 edition has more power, thanks to a host of changes that include a new cylinder head and dual injector EFI, to boost performance through the entire rev range. The frame and swingarm are new, as is the KYB-supplied suspension that includes a new coil spring fork. Strong brakes and ergonomically shaped bodywork that help keep the rider in control as the RM-Z250 carves up the racetrack.
Back in the pits, tuning the new EFI system for maximum performance is easy, thanks to Suzuki’s proven fuel-coupler system. Suzuki’s Winning Balance is again on display with the 2019 RM-Z250, as it again raises its own high standard for cornering performance.
Features may include:
Mount up. Because 1st place doesn’t come without a fight. Razor-sharp handling. Beastly torque. Quick-response braking. They’re not features, they’re the difference between podium and parking lot. Our legendary RM-Zs put the track—and the competition—at your mercy.ENGINE
- Fitted with a new cylinder head and other improvements for 2019, the fuel-injected, 249cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve, DOHC engine remains proven and reliable.
- The engine improvements result in greater power output with improved throttle response through the entire rev range.
- Updated Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC)
- The cylinder head features a new intake port shape and finish that fine-tunes the fuel/air charge into the combustion chamber to increase engine output.
- Suzuki’s proven, easy-to-use fuel couplers are included to simplify EFI tuning.
- For quick fuel adjustments to suit riding conditions, two couplers are provided. One is for a richer-than-stock and another for a leaner-than-stock fuel setting. Riders can change fuel settings in seconds by simply connecting either coupler to the wire harness.
- New rear shock and linkage
- The 2019 RM-Z250 features an evolved and faster traction management system. The Electronic Control Module (ECM) continually measures throttle opening, engine speed, and gear position, and then adjusts the ignition timing and fuel injector duration to fine-tune the engine output to deliver the best traction for the riding conditions.
- The RM-Z250’s traction management system is different from a street bike traction control system, as it does not measure rear tire spin. Because the needs of a motocrosser are different than a street bike, this system offers constant adjustment that maximizes traction at all times.
- The five-speed transmission is updated with a new second gear ratio and overall final ratio to match the engine’s stronger output for better acceleration and top speed.
- True to Suzuki transmission standards, the gear shift operation is smooth and precise. Carefully designed parts like the precisely machined shift cam and corresponding gears create a transmission a racer can rely on.
- The 2019 RM-Z250 features a new frame and swingarm design that continues Suzuki’s reputation for creating the best-handling motocross motorcycles.
- The new aluminum alloy, twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve superior front-and-rear weight distribution, while balancing strength and weight.
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info