2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Suzuki started with a goal to reclaim the GSX-R1000’s The King of Sportbikes crown.
From there, the fundamental capabilities that make a great sportbike were distilled down to three words: run, stop, and turn making the new GSX-R1000R run better, turn better, and stop better than any other sportbike.
The GSX-R’s compact and lightweight engine provides class-leading power that is delivered smoothly and controllably across a broad rpm range. This versatile engine is equally suited for driving hard out of a racetrack corner or accelerating effortlessly onto a public highway.
This incredible engine contributes to the GSX-R1000R’s compact chassis that delivers nimble handling with excellent front-end feel and braking, as useful for trail-braking on the racetrack as for rolling into tight corners on a country road. Advanced electronic rider aids that aren’t too complicated to use enhance the experience rather than control it. The bodywork’s aerodynamics reduce drag at top speed on the racetrack and improve rider comfort on brisk street rides.
In short, Suzuki developed a new generation GSX-R1000 that has an unmatched combination of reliability, durability, usability, and overall performance with excellent racing potential in a package that works as well for street riders as it does for track-day riders and amateur or professional racers.Features may include:
Built to own the racetrack and let loose on the streets. Since 1985, the GSX-R has been continuously refined to deliver new levels of performance and agility. This legacy of innovation continues with over 1 million legends made.ENGINE
- The compact, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999.8cc, inline-four-cylinder engine is designed with a high level of top-end performance plus strong low- to mid-range power.
- The GSX-R1000R is equipped with the Suzuki Bi-Directional Quick Shift System that allows for clutchless upshifts and downshifts when the motorcycle is used in competition.
- Lightning-fast, 32-bit dual processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going EFI knowledge with the intelligence from Suzuki’s race-winning MotoGP program. GSX-R1000R riders will get sportbike performance without peer while simultaneously receiving polished street manners.
- Using lessons learning from Suzuki MotoGP chassis development, the engine angle of the GSX-R1000R was rotated backward six degrees as compared to the prior-generation GSX-R1000. This had the joint effect of reducing the distance of the fork to the center of the chassis by 20 mm and increasing the swingarm length by 40 mm. This increases chassis stability and improves aerodynamics.
- Controller Area Network wire harness (CAN Bus) allows for fast and precise communications between all of the GSX-R1000R’s electronic systems. With a CAN Bus system, riders will experience swift and trouble-free electronic system operation while the size and complexity of the wiring is simplified.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available, plus a large selection of GSX-R logo apparel.
Vehicle History Report
- Motorcycle ID201338809
- Stock NumberUSU100226
- TypeSport Bike
- Exterior ColorBLK
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.