2020 Suzuki Katana 1000
Street Motorcycle for sale by RideNow Powersports Ocala in Ocala, Florida 34475
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Through its products, Suzuki has embraced Japanese culture and has found opportunities to celebrate beautiful, unique portions of its society and nature. The new KATANA faithfully honors that commitment while finding a bold new expression for Suzuki technology and styling. This new motorcycle was inspired by the original 1982 Suzuki Katana that created a sensation with the motorcycling world when it debuted. Both motorcycles blend a powerful Suzuki engine with radical styling and spirit of the traditional Japanese sword of the samurai.
The original Katana had a connection with the GS1100E while this new KATANA is built upon the proven, extraordinary performance of the long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine and the solid stability of the GSX-S1000 chassis. The KATANA’s chassis provides easy control over the GSX-R-based engine and adds a comfortable riding position. The KATANA’s dramatic bodywork rests upon a twin-spar, aluminum alloy frame, and Superbike-type braced swingarm that provides great road holding performance.
The stunning styling and performance features of the new KATANA will attract a variety of riders, especially those who value owning a unique motorcycle. Experienced riders fondly remember the original Katana and will want to own the new KATANA so their ride is linked to history. Some potential KATANA riders are seeking out a motorcycle with a distinctive appearance with quality fit and finish that will also deliver an exciting riding experience. Some riders will be drawn to the modern KATANA because of its stimulating styling regardless of its historical connection.
Unlike competitors’ retrospective models that are styled and equipped with throwback technology and looks, the new KATANA is a sportbike that has elements of the original but blends in thoroughly modern styling and performance. Like a craftsman folding the steel of a samurai’s sword, the KATANA reflects Suzuki’s ongoing commitment to fine craftsmanship and dedication to make sure every detail of the motorcycles is executed properly.Features may include:
Get a grip on a whole new standard. Striking looks. Comfort. Power. Versatility. Our standards deliver easy ergonomics, modern style, and metro muscle in dynamite packages. Whatever type of riding you prefer, our standards can handle it.ENGINE
- The KATANA is powered by a 147-horsepower (110-kilowat) powerplant developed from the legendary 2005-2008 GSX-R1000 engine architecture.
- The KATANA’s race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length. This permits the use of a GSX-R-style twin-spar frame.
- The reasonable seat height of 32.5 inches (825mm) plus the shape of the seat and how it blends into the fuel tank allow the rider to plant their feet firmly on the ground at stops.
- The KATANA is equipped with Suzuki’s Easy Start System that requires just a simple touch of the starter button to fire up the engine (without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the KATANA, such as a Meter Visor (that functions as a fly screen), Fuel Tank Pad, wheel rim decals, and more are available, plus a large selection of logo apparel.
Vehicle History Report
Vehicle SpecificationsSee All Specifications
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info