2020 Suzuki RM-Z250
Off-Road / Dirt Bike Motorcycle for sale by Ridenow Powersports Chandler in Chandler, Arizona 85286
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
Fresh off its recent redesign, the 2020 RM-Z250 is ready for battle. The agile RM-Z250 marries the sleek, race-ready appearance of the RM-Z450 with a versatile engine and a responsive chassis to deliver superior performance. Using Suzuki’s “RUN, TURN and STOP” philosophy, factory engineers have made the RM-Z250 an even more formidable competitor.
The RM-Z250 has always set the standard as the best-handling 250 on the track. Now, the 2020 version brings strong, usable power thanks to a center-port cylinder head. The engine is fed via a dual injector EFI system and an AMA-compliant exhaust that helps boost performance through the entire rev-range.
The twin-spar aluminum frame and hydro-formed swingarm carry a KYB-supplied suspension that includes a coil spring fork and a shock with four-way damping force adjustment. Strong brakes and ergonomically shaped bodywork that helps keep the rider in control as the RM-Z250 carves up the racetrack.
Back in the pits, tuning the new EFI system for maximum performance is easy, thanks to Suzuki’s proven fuel-coupler system. Suzuki’s Winning Balance is again on display with the 2020 RM-Z250, as it again raises its own high standard for cornering performance.
Features may include:Engine
- Fitted with a center-port cylinder head, the fuel-injected, 249cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve, DOHC engine remains proven and reliable.
- The engine delivers strong peak power and superb throttle response through the entire rev range.
- The cylinder head features a refined intake port shape and finish that fine-tunes the fuel/air charge into the combustion chamber to increase engine output.
- A large air cleaner opening is combined with a more direct air cleaner outlet tube path into the throttle body for high-volume air flow.
- Suzuki’s proven, easy-to-use fuel couplers are included to simplify EFI tuning.
- The RM-Z250 features an evolved and faster traction management system that reacts to engine speed changes quickly. The Electronic Control Module (ECM) continually measures throttle opening, engine speed, and gear position, and then adjusts the ignition timing and fuel injector duration to fine-tune the engine output to deliver the best traction for the riding conditions.
- The Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch system derived from the factory race bike to help riders’ takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead.
- The five-speed transmissions second gear ratio and overall final ratio matches the engine’s stronger output for outstanding acceleration and top speed.
- True to Suzuki transmission standards, the gear shift operation is smooth and precise. Carefully designed parts like the precisely machined shift cam and corresponding gears create a transmission a racer can rely on.
- The multi-plate, wet-clutch uses a rack-and-pinion clutch release mechanism for precise feel of the engagement and disengagement points while riding.
- The RM-Z250 features a frame and swingarm design that continues Suzuki’s reputation for creating the best-handling motocross motorcycles.
- The aluminum alloy, twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve superior front-and-rear weight distribution, while balancing strength and weight.
- The 2020 RM-Z250 frame is 370 grams (0.8 pounds) lighter but has a 10 percent increase in torsional rigidity as compared to the prior generation frame.
- The engines position in the frame is rotated up so the crankshaft sits higher in the chassis to further the bike’s nimble handling characteristics.
Vehicle History Report
SubcategoryOff-Road / Dirt Bike
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info