New 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000
Learn all about the 2019 Honda Talon and compare the 1000X model vs. 1000R. Read about their features, horsepower, accessories, price range, and their competition in this review.
THE BEST GET BETTER
Who goes to a restaurant with only one item on the menu? We’re all about choice, about finding something that fits right, looks right, and just feels right. Which is why our line of Pioneer 1000-5 side by sides are such a hit—because they do so much, so well. And for 2022 you’re getting a couple of new choices too: in addition to our Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe models ,loaded with a special selection of your favorite accessories, pre-installed right at the factory. Plus, all Pioneer 1000-5 models now offer more power from their Honda Unicam engines, a new instrument panel, new, larger cupholders, upgraded tires and wheels, new Electric Power Steering, new graphics and front-grille design, and much, much more. And some even offer new under-dash and under-seat storage as well, and a new bed light.
All our Pioneer 1000-5 models include Honda QuickFlip® seating in the bed, letting you instantly switch from a fold-flat bed configuration to comfortable passenger seating. If you’re looking for a Pioneer with a conventional bed, be sure to check out our line of Pioneer 1000 models. Either way, you’re making a great choice!
- 3-PERSON CONTOURED BENCH SEAT: Tough, durable and built to enhance every driving experience — yes, we’re talking about the seat. Contoured for three passengers, the center seat is positioned up and forward to maximize space and comfort, and the covering is designed to resist both the elements and heavy use.
- LCD INSTRUMENT DISPLAY: Completely redesigned for 2022, the instrument display is much easier to read, with big, bright new graphics. The display now includes a clutch indicator and a battery-voltage readout too, in addition to speed, fuel level, RPM, transmission mode, water temperature, trip information and more.
- SELF-LOAD LEVELING REAR SUSPENSION: Even when you push your Pioneer 1000-5 to the limits, you compromise nothing. Just take the load-leveling suspension with cargo, passengers or both piled into the back — the rear suspension automatically adjusts to the weight change. So you maintain ground clearance, comfort and handling, without compromises.
- SOPHISTICATED CHASSIS: Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000-5 features are those you’ll never see. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
- TILT WHEEL: With a tilt steering wheel redesigned for 2022 to make getting in and out easier than ever, you’re ensured an even more comfortable driving experience. We’ve given the wheel a wide range of adjustments for optimum customization and a new spring-loaded damper that makes tilting it a snap.
- COOLER CABIN: Our engineers have given the whole Pioneer 1000 lineup some big improvements when it comes to managing cabin heat. You’ll ride cooler and be more comfortable in warm-weather conditions.
- REDESIGNED PARKING INTERLOCK: Even something like the parking brake is better on the 2022 Pioneer 1000-5. We’ve taken the old three-cable design and replaced it with one push/pull cable that makes adjusting easier and cuts down on servicing.
- CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION: Prepare to go further than ever before. Our refined chassis enables you to tackle terrain others would shy away from, with larger tires, long-travel independent front and rear suspension and huge ground clearance. The rubber mounted engine and exhaust system insulate against excessive vibration and the self-leveling rear suspension compensates for changing loads.
- ADVANCED TRANSMISSION LOGIC: The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
- OTR DIRT MASTER: All our Pioneer 1000-5 models for 2022 feature high-performance OTR Dirt Master tires for excellent off-road traction and superior wear.
- THREE DIFFERENT WHEEL CHOICES: Our four Pioneer 1000-5 models come with three different wheel choices. The Pioneer 1000 Deluxe is fit with 14-inch aluminum wheels with an all-black finish.
- EPS SYSTEM: This is something we’re really proud of. Honda pioneered (no pun intended) electric power steering on our side by sides, and now we’re making it better. Every 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 gets a new EPS system with a new, brushless motor integrated with the ECU. The return-to-center function makes it more intuitive on straight trails, and the whole system feels more linear.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION: Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5 inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
- PADDLE SHIFTING: Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode.
- TURF/2WD/4WD/DIFF LOCK: Don’t tear up sensitive surfaces. Select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
- MORE POWERFUL 999cc TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE: We’ve boosted the engine power in our entire Pioneer 1000-5 lineup, especially in the midrange and top end. The improved acceleration and overall performance is noticeable, magnified by this year’s new lower gear ratios. Using the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes, the class-leading 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin is more compact, and it still delivers the kind of horsepower and torque you’d expect from a flagship model.
- 2500-POUND TOWING CAPACITY: Have a big load to haul? Great news for 2022—we've increased the Pioneer 1000-5's towing capacity to 2500 pounds. So now instead of hopping on the tractor or taking out the truck, you can stay right in your side-by-side and tackle those bigger jobs with relative ease.
- BUILT IN THE U.S.A.: The Pioneer 1000-5 is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
- FULLY-AUTOMATIC SIX-SPEED DCT TRANSMISSION: Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only six-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. Plus, the addition of Sport Mode increases the fun, shifting at higher RPM for a spirited, full-performance driving experience.
- HIGH/LOW SUBTRANSMISSION: With a full 42-percent gear reduction between High and Low, you get the torque you need in all 6 gears. It comes in handy when driving over difficult terrain, scaling steep hills or towing heavy loads.
- GEAR RATIOS: For 2022, all Pioneer 1000-5 models get new gear ratios in the transmission, subtransmission, and final drive. They help improve your Pioneer’s versatility under all driving conditions.
- SAFETY NETS: We’ve upgraded the safety nets on all our Pioneer 1000 models to connect and disconnect more easily, just like on our Talon sport SxS models. We’ve changed the mesh pattern too.
- DRIVER/PASSENGER PROTECTION: The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing, and meets ISO’s rollover protection standard. The hard doors and roll-up side nets help keep debris from entering the cabin, and auto-style three-point seatbelts are equipped with an emergency locking retractor mechanism, to help optimize passenger security. When you put this much safety first, fun is sure to follow.
- FOUR-WHEEL DISC BRAKES: The Pioneer’s uncompromising power helps take you further than ever before. The reliable disc brakes help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
- QUICKFLIP® SEATING: Want to bring an extra one or two passengers along for the ride? Two QuickFlip® seats pop up from the cargo bed on Pioneer 1000-5 models, giving you the extra seating you need, when you need it. Exclusive to Honda, it’s a smarter system than fixed seat, multi-row models, giving you better maneuverability on the trails.
- 1000-POUND-CAPACITY TILT BED: There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000-5. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity. And when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever that can be accessed from outside the vehicle, or right from the driver’s seat. 600-pound bed capacity for CA models
- MORE UNDERSEAT STORAGE: The Pioneer 1000-5’s underseat storage area is much improved for 2022. We’ve made the opening larger, which makes getting objects in and out a lot easier.
- BIGGER CUPHOLDERS: You asked, we listened. The primary dash-mounted cupholders in our 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 models are upsized this year, and big enough to hold the most popular insulated tumblers. Plus, all Pioneer 1000-5 models also feature cup holders in every door. Designed to hold your water bottles securely, it’s a convenient touch everyone will appreciate.
- UNDER-DASH STORAGE: Standard equipment on the Pioneer 1000 Deluxe, this practical under-dash shelf keeps frequently used items right up front in the cab.
- ACCESSORY SWITCH PANEL: Standard equipment on the 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, the switch panel has room for seven switches, letting you control things like a winch, accessory lights, and more. A fully integrated design, it sits in the center of the dashboard, underneath the other switches and controls.
- 12-VOLT ACCESSORY SOCKET: The Pioneer 1000 Deluxe all feature a standard 12-volt power socket in the bed. Using a common “cigarette-lighter” style of outlet, it’s perfect for powering things like a spotlight, work light, sprayer, air compressor, 110-volt inverter and more.
- COLOR-MATCH DOOR AND BEDSIDE PANELS: Want to change the color of your Pioneer when hunting season rolls around? No problem. Our door and bedside panels can be easily swapped out for a different color scheme if and when you need it. This feature comes in particularly handy in case a panel sustains any damage on the job or trail.
- ENGINE AIR INTAKE: To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
- Motorcycle ID201298362
- Stock NumberWH0490
- EngineUnicam four-stroke
- Exterior ColorOLIVE
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.
Coleman Powersports - Falls Church & Woodbridge, VA(800) 960-4772
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Closed All Day