New 2023 Kawasaki Teryx KRX
Learn all about the 2019 Honda Talon and compare the 1000X model vs. 1000R. Read about their features, horsepower, accessories, price range, and their competition in this review.
4-PASSENGER SPORT SIDE X SIDE FOR OFF-ROAD ADVENTURES
Dominate adventure with more friends and family with four-passenger seating on the all-new Teryx KRX®4 1000. With an enlarged chassis, no sacrifices were made to accommodate the additional passengers. Advanced electronic suspension technology combined with beefy wheels and tires deliver the ultimate riding experience. The Teryx KRX4 1000 reinforces and elevates the reputation of purpose-built Kawasaki sport side x sides.
- DURABLE AND CAPABLE: Take on the great outdoors with the ability to conquer tough terrain while offering superb control and comfort. Soak up technical obstacles with ease so you can focus on the fun ahead.
- POWERFUL AND WELL-BALANCED ENGINE: A compact 999cc parallel-twin engine delivers high power and high torque. Well-balanced performance is ideal for handling a wide range of situations at both high and low speeds, from trail running to technical navigation.
- SMOOTH AND PRECISE: A large-volume Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and centrifugal clutch deliver smooth acceleration and precise throttle control to help you maintain positive traction in challenging technical sections. Seamless engine braking provides consistent deceleration on downhills.
- THE POWER TO CHOOSE: A choice of Full Power or Low Power modes allows drivers to set power delivery to suit preference and conditions. The milder throttle response offered by Low Power mode contributes to superb low-speed control when tackling challenging terrain.
- CHOOSE YOUR MODE: Switch between 2WD/4WD and front differential lock on the fly with electrically selectable drive modes.
- DYNAMIC STABILITY AND COMFORT: The long 126-inch wheelbase, combined with the long wheel travel, contributes to dynamic stability and ride comfort. The wide tread stance helps the vehicle maintain its line when cornering.
- SMOOTH AND STABLE: Massive ground clearance allows the class-leading suspension travel to fully articulate for a smooth, stable ride. The angled shape of the underbody complements the ample clearance to enhance the chassis capability to clear technical terrain.
CHASSIS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- ERGO-FIT®: Proper fit is key for rider comfort and control. However, the ideal fit varies from rider to rider, depending on their physical dimensions and riding style. ERGO-FIT® is an interface system designed to allow riders to find their ideal riding position. Various points of the chassis interface (the handlebar, footpegs and seat, etc.) can be adjusted through a combination of interchangeable parts and parts with adjustable positions. This enables a wide range of riders to find a riding position that offers both comfort and control. Feeling at one with their machine, they will be able to experience how Kawasaki machines are fun and rewarding to ride.
- KECS (KAWASAKI ELECTRONIC CONTROL SUSPENSION): KECS adapts to road and riding conditions in real time, providing the ideal amount of damping called for by electronically adjusting damping to suit vehicle speed and suspension stroke speed. Deceleration is also taken into account, which allows the system to help manage pitching that may occur during braking. Control via solenoid valve with direct actuation enables an extremely quick reaction time, making KECS ideal for sport riding applications, where natural feeling is crucial to feeling at one with the bike. Built-in stroke sensors on both the fork and rear shock provide real-time stroke speed and compression information. Input from the sensor coils to the KECS ECU is complemented by information provided by the IMU (acceleration/deceleration) and the FI ECU (vehicle speed). The KECS ECU then directs current to the solenoids to adjust damping as required by the situation. Selectable modes allow riders to choose softer or firmer base settings.
- CLASS-LEADING COMFORT: Kawasaki engineers placed great emphasis on carefully designing a roomy rear passenger space that is large enough to comfortably accommodate four full-sized adults. Thanks to its rugged performance, advanced technology and superb class-leading comfort, the Teryx KRX®4 1000 is ready to take you and your family on an adventure for the memory books.
- ROOM FOR EVERYONE: The roomy cabin offers plenty of space for the head, shoulders, and legs to help make the journey more comfortable for all four passengers. Enjoy lever-adjustable driver and front passenger seats, adjustable tilt steering, and a front passenger T-bar handle for added comfort and support. With any adjustments, there’s always ample leg room for all four riders.
- STAY SUPPORTED: With four high-backed bucket seats and three-point seatbelts, everyone will feel supported during hard riding and comfortable when leisurely riding.
- OPENING UP ADVENTURE: Four doors offer a wide opening and feature armrests. Internal and external door handles provide comfort and convenience when entering, riding, and exiting the vehicle. The low, flat floor makes entering and exiting a breeze.
- STAY IN CONTROL: Speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides optimized steering assistance and acts as a steering damper by absorbing steering kickback for enhanced handling and reduced driver fatigue.
- ALL-DAY ADVENTURING: Comfortable all-day excursions come thanks to five easy-access cup holders, a 12-volt DC power outlet, a large glove box, under-seat storage, and dashboard storage compartments. Keep your items secure and devices charged during your adventure.
- DESIGNED TOUGH: High build quality is evident by the burly frame and ROPS, massive suspension components, and extensive undercarriage protection.
- DURABLE FRAME: The frame was designed using Kawasaki’s advanced dynamic rigidity analysis incorporating the Rollover Protection Structure (ROPS) as a stressed member. The energy-absorbing ROPS design helps dissipate stress, contributing to optimal rigidity balance and high durability.
- TAKE ON TOUGH TERRAIN: Large-diameter A-arms and trailing arms utilize an arc shape for greater clearance, also allowing the long-travel suspension to soak up more terrain. Roomy interior space complemented by highly composed chassis and ground-hugging suspension that soaks up bumps mean driver and passengers can strap into the high-backed bucket seats and simply enjoy the ride.
- PROTECTED FROM DEBRIS: The angled shape of the underbody, similar to the hull of a boat, complements the already massive 14-inches of ground clearance. The class-leading undercarriage is covered with a combination of plastic and steel skid plates with more than 80% of the protection composed of steel pieces. Additional steel wheel wells offer further protection to the vehicle from rocks and other flying debris.
- STOPPING POWER: Stay in control with four large-diameter hydraulic disc brakes that deliver superb braking force. As the driver pushes the brake pedal, the front brakes engage first, followed by the rear brakes. This offers a very natural, linear brake feel that facilitates precision brake force control.
- KEEP THE ADVENTURE GOING: Class-leading 15-inch aluminum wheels with large 31-inch MAXXIS® Carnivore tires help reduce rolling resistance in technical terrain and feature an off-road tread pattern for enhanced grip. Their 8-ply construction offers excellent puncture resistance.
- ALL WITHIN REACH: The roomy, rear carrier space is large enough to accommodate up to a 32-inch spare tire and has a load capacity of 351 pounds. The carrier’s recessed bottom helps prevent a cooler box or other cargo items from moving around. Cargo can be secured using the four integrated tie-down hooks. The built-in sight glass makes checking the engine oil level quick and easy. You’ll have easy access to the oil fill, oil filter and air cleaner, and servicing the CVT belt is simple as well.
ENGINE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- ECONOMICAL RIDING INDICATOR: Using high-precision electronic control for engine management, Kawasaki models can achieve a high level of fuel efficiency. However, fuel consumption is greatly affected by throttle use, gear selection, and other elements under the rider's control. The Economical Riding Indicator is a function that indicates when current riding conditions are consuming a low amount of fuel. The system continuously monitors fuel consumption, regardless of vehicle speed, engine speed, throttle position and other riding conditions. When fuel consumption is low for a given speed (i.e. fuel efficiency is high), an "ECO" mark appears on the instrument panel's LCD screen. By riding so that the "ECO" mark remains on, fuel consumption can be reduced. While effective vehicle speed and engine speed may vary by model, paying attention to conditions that cause the "ECO" mark to appear can help riders improve their fuel efficiency – a handy way to increase cruising range. Further, keeping fuel consumption low also helps minimize negative impact on the environment.
- POWER MODES: Models equipped with multiple Power Modes offer riders an easily selectable choice of engine power delivery to suit riding conditions or preference. In addition to Full Power mode, one (Low) or two (Middle, Low) alternate mode(s) in which maximum power is limited and throttle response is milder are provided.
- LEVEL UP THE ADVENTURE: Kawasaki is proud to announce the arrival of its Teryx KRX®4 1000 sport side-by-side lineup for 2023. The all-new four-seater opens the doors for families to enjoy outdoor adventures in class-leading comfort and brings the high-performance and dependability needed to dominate any adventure. The Teryx KRX4 1000 can be found in three different trim packages.
- ADAPT IN REAL-TIME: The Teryx KRX®4 1000 eS side x side raises the bar with Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS). The next-level suspension package adapts to riding conditions in real-time. To optimize comfort, control, and traction as the environment changes, KECS works with high-performance FOX® 2.5 Live Valve™ Internal Bypass shocks, a Bosch electronic control system, and suspension settings tuned by Kawasaki engineers. Whether you're navigating a technical rock crawl or charging through the whoops, you'll tackle it all with total confidence.
- ADJUST FOR YOUR ADVENTURE: Select Soft Mode for maximum suspension compliance, enhanced traction, and ride comfort. Soft Mode provides maximum driver control over highly technical terrain. Normal Mode covers the greatest range of riding situations because suspension settings are optimized to match vehicle speed while simultaneously providing plush ride comfort, firm damping, and enhanced cornering stability for typical trail riding situations. Switch to Firm Mode for crisper response and increased stability while tackling terrain at higher speeds.
- STAY CONNECTED OFF-ROAD: A large seven-inch high-grade full color TFT instrumentation provides the driver with vehicle information needed, through a modern and highly visible display. Three selectable display modes (Digital, Analogue, Simple) allow drivers to select how they want their information presented. The screen background can also be set to black or white to suit preference. When linked to iOS-type smartphones via Bluetooth®, notification of calls and messages received will be indicated on the instrument display. The instrument’s large screen size makes it ideal for infotainment functions. Features like the suspension monitor, audio track display, and vehicle-mounted cameras (up to two accessory cameras can be linked to the display) offer both information and entertainment value.
- Motorcycle ID201305524
- Stock NumberWK1484
- Engine4-stroke, DOHC, 8-valve parallel-twin Engine braking
- Exterior ColorMetallic Graystone/Candy Orange
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.
Coleman Powersports - Falls Church & Woodbridge, VA(800) 960-4772
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Closed All Day