New 2024 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Zero's latest electric dual sport motorcycle makes its case for space in the garage.
Honda redesigns its Gold Wing from the ground up for 2018
The 2024 DR-Z400S is the latest version of the motorcycle that is the foundation of the modern DualSport movement. Starting with the DR350S and then again with the DR-Z400S, Suzuki continues to make fun, dependable, and capable motorcycles available to anyone who is ready to take a ride down their favorite off-road trail or ribbon of asphalt.
Riders will be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc, liquid-cooled powerplant, as well as the crisp handling from the fully adjustable suspension. This ultra-reliable bike is completely street legal, with an electric start and easy-to-use, multi-function LCD instrument panel. Fully black, aluminum EXCEL rims laced with bright stainless-steel spokes are setup to accept rim locks if you want to move to serious DualSport rubber.
True to its Suzuki off-road heritage, the 2024 DR-Z400S is available with Champion Yellow body work that is augmented with new blue and silver graphics. Also new are gray and silver graphics on the Solid Black bodywork that makes the DR-Z stand out on the road, on the trail, or even when parked.
Whether you are on the highway or on a twisty forest path, the Suzuki DR-Z400S cannot be beat.
Features may include:
- Compact, liquid-cooled, 398cc, single engine produces widespread power
- Electric starting and street-legal lighting
- Narrow and strong chrome-moly frame
- Fully adjustable, off-road capable suspension
- Black, spoke-style wheels with 21- and 18-inch aluminum rims
- A compact design, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong low-rpm power. Its compact, four-valve cylinder head features large 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves to help produce broad, tractable power and torque that’s ready for any terrain.
- Simple electric starting via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder is durable and lightweight and provides superior heat transfer.
- Compact, five-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with a separate magnesium outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
- A narrow frame combines thin chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
- Long travel (11.3-inch), 49mm cartridge-style fork has protective rubber boots plus adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for smooth performance on all types of on- and off-road terrain.
- Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact, 6.5-amp, maintenance-free battery.
- Compact digital instrument cluster includes speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer, and stopwatch functions.
- On-road legal lighting includes bright 60/55-watt H4 halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals, and horn.
- Genuine Suzuki Accessories include a low-profile seat, cargo rack, handguard set, and more.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
Vehicle History Report
- Motorcycle ID201527517
- Stock Number100445-2
- SubcategoryOff Road / Dirt Bike
- TypeDual Sport
- Exterior ColorBLU
- Heated Seats?No
- Cruise Control?No
- Antilock Brakes?No
Motorcycle Buyer's Tools
Motorcycle Shipping since 1994. The riders choice for quick, safe, and affordable motorcycle transport. Get a Quote
Southeast Financial has been in the motorcycle loan business for more than 14 years and have helped thousands of customers around the country. Get your no-hassle quote now. Get a quote
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
For over 40 years, Rider Insurance Company has focused exclusively on providing the motorcycle community with affordable insurance and excellent, hassle-free customer service. Now Rider has the power of Plymouth Rock! Come ride with Rider. Motorcycle insurance for people who love to ride. Get a quote.