Why Sell my Motorcycle on Autotrader?
Autotrader satisfies passion for specialized vehicles and the open roadGet Started
Select your Ad Package
Frequently Asked Questions About Selling a Motorcycle
How do I sell my motorcycle?+ −
The fastest way to sell a motorcycle online is to follow these steps:
- Get your motorcycle, scooter or ATV ready. Make any repairs, clean or detail your bike, and collect all the paperwork and maintenance records.
- Take lots of high-quality and detailed photos. If you can make a video and include it with your listing, it’ll help your dirt or street bike sell faster.
- Determine a price for your motorcycle, by assessing the market and demand for your particular model. You can find the value of your motorcycle, ATV or scooter using KBB's Motorcycles Value tool.
- Write a detailed description for your listing
- List your motorcycle or ATV on Motorcycles on Autotrader.
- Finalize the sale with the buyer and transfer the title.
Where can I sell my motorcycle or ATV?+ −Motorcycles on Autotrader has the largest and most diverse motorcycle, ATV, scooter and side by side market online. Trusted and reputable street and dirt motorcycle dealers and private sellers have been selling their motorcycles with us since 2008.
What if I don't have a title for my motorcycle?+ −Any state DMV can issue a replacement title if you've lost your motorcycle's title or if it is damaged. Check with your state's DMV for the exact cost and required forms.
What paperwork do I need to sell my motorcycle?+ −
Whether you're selling a motorcycle, ATV, scooter or side by side, you'll need several documents to sell your used motorcycle privately:
- Maintenance records
- Transferable warranty (if applicable)
- As-Is documentation
- Odometer disclosure
- Certificate of Title
- Bill of Sale
What scams could I encounter when selling my motorcycle privately?+ −
These are popular scams a fraudster may try to use on unsuspecting motorcycle sellers:
- Buyers who are overseas on a “business trip”
- Buyers who offer to pay via Venmo, gift card or other online money payment services
- Buyers who offer to pay above the motorcycle's asking price
- Forged or counterfeit money order, cashier's check, or wire transfer
- Offers which include picking up the motorcycle via a trailer (motorcycle transport scam)